Terms & Conditions
Ad Hock Task Terms of Service
Welcome to Adhocktask.com.
The following terms and conditions (these ), govern your access to and use of the Adhock Task website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.adhocktask.com (the ), by Adhock Task Ltd. and its subsidiaries Adhock Task Limited. (London, United Kingdom), as applicable (collectively, or ).
"Seller" means a User that offers and provides services or identifies as a Seller through the Website. A User may be both a Buyer and a Seller under this agreement.
"Seller Services" means all services provided by a Seller.
"Ad-Hock Task Services" means all services provided by us to you.
"User", "you" or "your" means an individual who visits or uses the Website, including via the API.
"User Contract" means: (1) this User Agreement; (2) the Code of Condcut as amended from time to time; (3) any other contractual provisions accepted by both the Seller and Buyer uploaded to the Website, to the extent not inconsistent with the User Agreement and the Code of Conduct; (4) the Project terms as awarded and accepted on the Website, to the extent not inconsistent with the User Agreement and the Code of Conduct; and (5) any other material incorporated by reference from time to time.
"Website" means the Websites operated by Tasker and available at: www.adhocktask.com and any of its regional or other domains or properties, and any related Ad-Hock Task service, tool or application, specifically including mobile web, any iOS App and any Android App, or API or other access mechanism.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Ad-hock Task services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here
By accessing the Website, you agree to the following terms with Ad-Hoc Task Ltd.
We may amend this User Agreement and any linked information from time to time by posting amended terms on the Website, without notice to you.
The Website is an online venue where Users buy and sell Seller Services and items. Buyers and Sellers must register for an Account in order to buy or sell Seller Services and/or items. The Website enables Users to work together online to complete and pay for Projects, buy and sell items and to use the services that we provide. We are not a party to any contractual agreements between Buyer and Seller in the online venue, we merely facilitate connections between the parties.
We may, from time to time, and without notice, change or add to the Website or the information, products or services described in it. However, we do not undertake to keep the Website updated. We are not liable to you or anyone else if any error occurs in the information on the Website or if that information is not current.
Limitation of Liability
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", AT YOUR OWN RISK, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Ad-Hoc Task Ltd will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services. Some jurisdictions in the United States do not allow the types of disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ADHOCKTASK.COM, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS) DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; (B) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES MORE THAN THE GREATER OF $20 OR THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS OF THE SERVICES IN QUESTION. Some jurisdictions in the United States do not allow the types of disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
You will not use the Website if you:
- are not able to form legally binding contracts;
- are under the age of 16;
- a person barred from receiving and rendering services under the laws of Australia or other applicable jurisdiction;
- are suspended from using the Website; or
- do not hold a valid email address.
All free user accounts are associated with individuals. Login credentials should not be shared by users with others. The individual associated with the account will be held responsible for all actions taken by the account, without limitation.
Subject to your local laws, a person over 15 but under 18 can use an adult's account with the permission of the account holder. However, the account holder is responsible for all actions taken by the account, without limitation.
Users may provide a business name or a company name, which is associated with the User's Account. Users acknowledge and agree that where a business name or company name is associated with their Account, this User Agreement is a contract with the User as an individual (not the business or company) and Users remain solely responsible for all activity undertaken in respect of their Account.
A company, corporation, trust, partnership or other non-individual corporate entity may be a User subject to an eligible corporate account which pays corporate subscriptions.
We may, at our absolute discretion, refuse to register any person or entity as a User.
You cannot transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this agreement without prior written consent.
Using Our site and services
While using the Website, you will not attempt to or otherwise do any of the following:
- post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our Websites and services;
- infringe any laws, third party rights or our policies, such as the Code of conduct
- fail to deliver payment for services delivered to you;
- fail to deliver Seller Services purchased from you;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Tasker;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or reputation systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information or using it for purposes unrelated to the Website);
- transfer your Tasker account (including feedback) and Username to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited, or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Ad-Hock Task, the Website, or the interests or property of Tasker users (including their Intellectual Property Rights, privacy and publicity rights) or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- download and aggregate listings from our website for display with listings from other websites without our express written permission, "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of the Website into any other website without our prior written authorization;
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us in connection with the Website;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the Website or Tasker's copyrights and trademarks; or
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about Users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Use Tasker to facilitate money exchange including, but not limited to, cryptocurrency (e.g. bitcoin, ethereum, etc).
Intellectual Property Rights Infringement
- It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged intellectual property rights infringement. Our Copyright Infringement Policy is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to us as straightforward as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. If you believe that your Intellectual Property Rights have been violated, please notify us via this link on our Website and we will investigate.
All charges payable by you for the adhocktask.com Services shall be in accordance with the scale of charges and rates published from time to time by us on our web site, errors and omissions excepted, and shall be due and payable in advance of provision of the our Services. You agree that, except where otherwise specified in these terms, these fees are not refundable on any basis.
We reserve the right to change pricing, including ceasing to offer elements of any services related to our business. Ad-hock task Ltd will inform you by email if the charge for a service is to be modified. You can then decide if you want to continue to use such service. Your continued use of the service after the proposed fee modification has been notified will be considered acceptance of the proposed fee modification.
All fees for our services are due in advance and in the case of subscription payments, your contract will automatically renew on its anniversary month, quarter or year, at which point fees for the following month, quarter or year become payable. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card then you authorize Ad-hock task Ltd to debit your account renewal fees from your card. If you wish to cancel your contract with us, you must do so in writing before the renewal of your contract.
All fees paid to us are non-refundable except in circumstances set out in these Terms.
You agree not to issue a chargeback via your bank in relation to any fees charged by us. If you do so you accept that you will be liable for our costs in dealing with the chargeback and recovering any fees properly due to us under the Terms.
Communication With Other Users
Communication with other users on the Website must be conducted through the text, audio and or video chat functionality, along with message boards, public clarification boards, Project message board, direct message sending and other communication channels provided on the Website.
You must not post your email address or any other contact information (including but not limited to Skype ID or other identifying strings on other platforms) on the Website, except in the "email" field of the signup form, at our request or as otherwise permitted by us on the Website.
Unless you have a prior relationship with a User, you must only communicate with Users via the Website. You must not, and must not attempt to, communicate with other Users through any other means including but not limited to email, telephone, Skype, ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, WeChat, SnapChat, GTalk, GChat or Yahoo.
In relation to video chat and audio chat, any terms agreed to between any Users must be confirmed in writing using the chat or direct message function.
Ad-Hock Task may use information such as your name, location, display or username, and or your image, in relation to the provision messaging services on the Website or in the mobile apps.
We may read all correspondence posted to the Website and download or access, and test (if necessary), all uploaded files, programs and websites related to your use of the Website for the purpose of investigating fraud, regulatory compliance, risk management and other related purposes.
Identity check and verification
You authorize us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. You must, at our request: (a) provide further information to us, which may include your date of birth and or other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you; (b) take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments; or (c) verify your information against third party databases or through other sources.
You must also, at our request, provide copies of identification documents (such as your passport or driver's license). We may also ask you to provide photographic identification holding a sign with a code that we provide as an additional identity verification step.
We reserve the right to close, suspend, or limit access to your Account, the Website and/or Ad-Hock Task Services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify to our satisfaction the information which we request under this section.